Courses are available from 2 weeks to 25 weeks duration. Non-EU/EEA Students wishing to study more that 12 weeks should enrol onto a 25-week programme in order to obtain a Student Visa in Ireland (8 months duration). DCAS offers weekly intakes, with English Courses starting every Monday (except during Bank Holiday weeks, where classes start on Tuesday).

DCAS Ielts students

General English (15h/week)

Our excellent team of teachers ensure that you have a positive and professional experience as you study English in Dublin. English lessons at DCAS are highly interactive & focus on developing your English speaking, reading, writing, and grammar skills to help students communicate effectively in real-life situations. At the end of the course, students will be prepared to take the Test of Interactive English (TIE) exam.

Programmes Available:

  • Beginner | CEFR level Pre-A1 (General English)

  • Elementary | CEFR level A1 (General English)

  • Pre-Intermediate | CEFR level A2 (General English )

Suitable for Non-EU/EAA Visa Students, up to 25 weeks duration. 

End of Course Exam: TIE (Test of Interactive English) required for
non-EU/EEA Students under a Student Visa.

General English

IELTS Preparation Courses (15h/week)


Each student is individually evaluated with an English speaking and grammar test by one of our Academic Team to determine their English level. Students who test at the Intermediate (B1) level or above are automatically placed in half general English and half IELTS preparation courses. 


Programmes Available:  

  • Intermediate | CEFR level B1 (General English & IELTS) 

  • Upper-Intermediate | CEFR level B2 (General English & IELTS) 

  • Advanced | CEFR level C1 (General English & IELTS) 


Suitable for Non-EU/EAA Visa Students, up to 25 weeks duration. 


​End of Course Exam: IELTS required for non-EU/EEA Students under a Student Visa.



*Timetable is subject to change.

​Our full-time students can avail of FREE extra classes and activities.


English Courses Additional Information

Learner Protection

A Learner Protection Scheme is included in the 25-week full-time time English course fee for Non-EU/EEA students. All English language schools are legally obliged to provide non-EU/EEA students with Learner Protection Insurance. This insurance ensures that those students’ fees and courses are guaranteed, in the eventuality that 25-week full-time English language programmes become unavailable.

Registration and Enrolment

To ensure students are correctly enrolled they are given a Student Enrolment Agreement form, which is explained to them before they sign it.

Student Induction

The induction process begins during enrolment and registration. Students are also required to attend a formal induction to ensure that they are as familiar as possible with their chosen course(s) and with the college’s policies and procedures. It makes students aware of their rights and responsibilities during their time at the college. The programme for induction incorporates the following areas: Social: Providing a welcoming environment and facilitating social interaction between students, staff and teachers. Orientation: Informing and supplying students with necessary documentation related to the college, its facilities, regulations and timetables, as well as student performance and feedback methods.

Placement Test

Before students begin their course, they sit a placement test (written and spoken) in order to assess their English language level, so they are assigned into the right class.

Learning Materials

Students must collect their coursebook as soon as they receive a confirmation of English level, in the Induction week, prior joining classes the week after. Before collecting the book, students should pay a refundable deposit of €30 in exchange for a book at the appropriate level. When a student changes level they receive another book in exchange for theirs, if in good condition. When a student finishes their course, the school returns the student’s €30 deposit. Students must return their book in good condition* (normal wear and tear is acceptable, but no marked, damaged, torn or missing pages). Deposits are not refunded for books that are in bad condition (e.g. marked, damaged or torn). Books are available for rental at the Academic Office in the main campus, DCAS1, 98 Capel Street, Dublin 1. Additional learning material is also given by the teacher to students. Book Rental Scheme is mandatory to all students.

Academic Monitoring

Our high academic standards are maintained through weekly lesson plans, observations by Academic Management and teachers observing each other to share experience and knowledge.

Student Achievement

There is a progress test on a regular basis. This assessment is complemented by feedback from teachers on progress and consolidation of learning. When they have made good progress students sit a test that allows them to progress from one level to the next.

Student Feedback

DCAS provides Students with the supportive environment needed to be successful in their studies and to get the most from their time in Dublin. You have the opportunity to give feedback on the quality of service provided anytime. Click here to give your feedback.

Student Satisfaction

Levels of students satisfaction are monitored informally by the class teachers. Where a student or students express unhappiness with a teacher, the academic management will resolve the problem. If the student remains unsatisfied with this response, any necessary further action is taken. Formal student evaluations are carried out in the form of student feedback questionnaires and focus groups.

External End-of-Course Examinations

Study Visa students must take an End of Course exam (e.g. TIE or IELTS). Students are informed of the date and time of their exam.